Consent to Electronic Communications and Electronic Signatures
As part of your relationship with HomeSteady, we want to ensure you have all the information you need to support your interactions with us and effectively manage your account. Our goal is to communicate with you and process your application in the timeliest manner possible. We are required by law to give you certain information “in writing”, which means you are entitled to receive it on paper. To increase the efficiency and convenience of our interactions with you and our vendors, we use email and provide electronic documentation and disclosures on our website, with your prior consent. In order to continue with the HomeSteady application, you must consent to electronic communications with us and receiving electronic disclosures from us. Your consent applies to this HomeSteady product application and any future HomeSteady applications by you. In addition, we need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures during our relationship with you.
- “HomeSteady”, “we”, “us”, and “our” mean HomeSteady Digital Finance, Inc., a Delaware corporation and all its related, affiliated or subsidiary companies
- “You” and “your” means the person giving this consent who submits an online application for a HomeSteady product (“Application”)
- “Communication” means any information that we are required by law to provide to you in writing in connection with your Application, any information we may otherwise provide to you relating to any HomeSteady product that you obtain from us, or any information that you sign or submit or agree to at our request.
- “Website” means homesteady.so and any subdomains thereof.
Method of Electronic Communication
All Communications that we provide to you electronically will be provided either (i) on our Website or (ii) directly to any email address provided on your Application (or any email address you provide to us later). HomeSteady may notify you through email when a Communication or updated agreement pertaining to our Website is available. HomeSteady may also use our Website for electronic Communications. It is your responsibility to check our Website for Communications and updates to this policy.
Consent to Electronic Delivery
- You are voluntarily choosing to sign your HomeSteady documents electronically;
- You understand that the documents we present on this Website will replace the use of paper documents;
- You understand and agree that your electronic signature will bind you to the terms and conditions to the same extent as if you signed your HomeSteady documents on paper with an ink signature;
- You understand and agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and HomeSteady; and
- You understand that you have the right to withhold your consent to the use of electronic documents and signatures, and that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time prior to completing the e-sign process. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to use HomeSteady products.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that there are some specific documents related to real estate transactions that must be signed on paper with an ink signature in front of a notary public. HomeSteady will identify these documents to you in the event your Application is approved for a HomeSteady product, and HomeSteady will work with you to help arrange for notarization of such documents.
You may request a paper copy of any Communication by contacting us via the “Contact Us” link at help.homesteady.so. You acknowledge HomeSteady reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the production and mailing of paper versions of Communications, unless charging a fee is prohibited by applicable law.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- A valid working email account.
Access to a computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the
Internet capable of receiving, uploading, accessing, displaying and either printing or
electronically storing Communications.
- Your Internet browser must meet the following minimum requirements: the current and previous major releases of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari on a rolling basis and support at least 256-bit encryption.
- A PDF file reader, like the free Adobe® Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/).
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit.
We will notify you of any changes to these requirements that create a material risk that you may not be able to access or retain Communications electronically. Continuing to use the Website after receiving notice of the change is reaffirmation of your consent.
You are free to withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically at any time by contacting us via the “Contact Us” link at help.homesteady.so. If you withdraw your consent, the legal effectiveness, validity and/or enforceability of prior Communications will not be affected. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive Communications electronically will be e ffective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. You acknowledge that HomeSteady reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to our Website if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications.
Updating Your Contact Information
You must promptly inform us of any change in your email address by signing into your online account and updating your email address or contacting us via the “Contact Us” link at help.homesteady.so.
Acknowledging Your Ability to Access and Consenting to Electronic Communications and Electronic
- You have the hardware and software described above;
- You can access and read this Consent to Electronic Communications and Electronic Signatures;
- You have an active email;
- You can print this disclosure on paper, or save the disclosure to a place where you can print it, for future reference and access;
- You consent to use and sign electronically an electronic version of any HomeSteady documents; and
- You consent to the terms and conditions of this Electronic Communications and Electronic Signatures Policy.
We recommend that you print a copy of this Electronic Communications and Electronic Signatures Policy for your future records.